Business & Life Hack: Have a Miracle Morning Routine
Updated: Feb 26, 2020
Have you found yourself with a considerable to-do list and feelings of frustration from a lack of productivity in accomplishing your tasks? If you find yourself exhausted and feeling overwhelmed, you're not alone.
Getting focused on your goals requires you to create smart habits for your health that will help you prioritize your day to make the most of your time. But how do you get focused?
We want to share a life-changing hack with you that can help you formulate that ideal day you've been craving. That hack is to follow a morning routine! No joke, waking up early, on time, and hitting the ground running with setting intentions will change the outcome of your whole day. When you start off proactive and not reactive - you own the day.
There are a lot of versions of a morning routine out there, and one we've recently come across that we love is the "The Miracle Morning Routine" by Hal Elrod. This routine has helped thousands of people increase their "energy, focus, and motivation," so they could accomplish more and hit their goals. The following is a list of six practices in the miracle morning routine that will transform the way you start your day so that you can achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Let's look at the abbreviation that Elrod came up with to remember the six principles of the Miracle Morning Routine:
1. Silence- Begin the day with intentionally spending a few minutes in silence. There have been studies done to show how meditation has a lot of physical benefits, alleviating stress, allowing you to settle worries, and think clearly.
2. Affirmations- Spend time thinking about who you want to become and what you need to accomplish that. Think of this more as you at your core- how you want to feel and how you want others to perceive you. Quiet your inner critic and affirm positive messages. Let go of the negative self-talk and made up stories from fear. Write the affirmations down daily. Elrod suggests repeating your affirmation out loud daily, as this may help you overcome your limiting beliefs and behaviors and replace them with those you need to succeed.
3. Visualization- Spend a few minutes thinking about your significant wants. Visualize the big picture - the big launch in 6 months, the engagement ring, the tour of Europe next year, or helping the 1,000 people in your niche. Vision Boards are great too!
4. Exercise- This is very important for the body to begin the day by getting active. It can be anything from 10 minutes to an hour. Whatever you choose to do will benefit your day. "You just need to get moving and get the blood and oxygen flowing to the brain," Elrod says. Agreed!
5. Reading- This is a great way to gather information and spark new ideas. Elrod recommends a minimum of 10 pages per day.
6. Scribing- Get a really cute journal and everyday spend time in writing: pouring out your thoughts, emotions, or brainstorming ideas. It's good to write about whatever is on your mind at present so that you can clear your mind to focus on your daily activities.
A Miracle Morning: Silence, Affirmations, Visualization, Exercise, Reading, Scribing! Let us know your morning routine and what you think about the Miracle Morning.